By Matt Weingarden – The lakeshore News Staff
The Windsor Police Service and its policing partners have worked collaboratively to achieve a peaceful resolution to the demonstrations on Huron Church Road near the Ambassador Bridge.
Officers engaged demonstrators throughout the incident for the purpose of continued communication, negotiations, and enforcement. As a result, several charges were laid and vehicles seized.
Since the onset of the demonstrations, a total of:
- 46 arrests made
- A total of 90 charges laid by police
- 43 charged with breaching a court order
- 43 charged with mischief over $5000
- One person is facing a charge of obstruct justice
- One person is charged with fail to attend court
- One person was charged with dangerous driving
- One person is facing a Highway Traffic Act Charge for Failing to Remain
- 37 vehicles were seized/towed since the onset of the demonstrations.
There will be continued police presence in the demonstration area to ensure public safety. There will be zero tolerance for any unlawful activity. There are ongoing investigations into the protestor’s activity.
For further information:
Contact the Windsor Police Service Corporate Communication Unit’s Public Information Officer at (519) 255-6700 ext. 4204.